Saturday, February 21, 2015

Palm Beach

As I write this I'm sitting in the cockpit having a cigar & sipping on some Giuseppe desert wine that we've been saving for just the right night and this one is it.  This is the last stop before we return to Daytona for a week.  It's been a great trip and a nice way to give the boat and us a "shake down" before we head north for a longer excursion.

Dolphins helped me with my lines this morning.

We left North Palm Friday morning, stopping @ Vero Beach and now Titusville.  The days, have been bright & sunny, but down right cold right up to today. Today we were treated to dolphin's playing in our wake several times.

The trip from NPB to Vero was rough on the water, GS took a lot of spray over the bow and was pretty crusty when we stopped for the night.  She did great on the water and was a comfortable ride - just a bit taxing on the captain.  I enjoyed watching the water turn from green to blue and the bridge tender attitudes improve as we made our way back north.  I'd heard stories of the infamous bridges - but now I'm a believer. Kevin - I too made Mr. B "deal" with them.

While in NPB, we discovered MacArthur Beach State park (5 mile bike ride), which was phenomenal.  Great walking trails and a 1 1/2 mile boardwalk across Lake Worth to the beach.  I continue to be impressed by Florida State parks.  They don't ever disappoint.

The marina was chock full of boats - each one bigger and prettier than the next.  At one point we counted 13 tuna towers and each made us look pretty small in comparison.  We also had a visit by some manatees - a momma and her baby.

I think we figured out our "routine" of living on the boat, and I mean routine in a very good way.  Its funny what creatures of habit we all are.

The week concluded with a very nice evening downtown West Palm Beach on my date with Lebone.

Looking forward to seeing our home town peeps next week - miss everyone a lot - keep the face time calls coming - you made our day.

Mobile link to pix ==> here

No comments:

Post a Comment